Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Fun!

we love fall!

Like most of you, our family is loving this wonderful fall weather! It is crisp and cool in the mornings and typically warms up into at least the mid 70s during the day! We have been blessed the last two weekends with bountiful sunshine which makes even hermits want to get outside! So, in my new effort to focus more on my family than my house and "to do" list, we have been getting out and enjoying fall!

Last Sunday, we went to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh! It was wonderful weather and we were able to just stroll around and enjoy the season-it is amazing to me how beautiful produce can be!! It must be apple season because there were apples everywhere! Each little stand had samples they were giving out and Lottie-in true 70th percentile fashion-thoroughly enjoyed this part of the market! I bit the peel off of the samples (in order to avoid choking-yes I am a paranoid mother) and put them on the tray of Lottie's stroller. She loved the apples!! Micah and I had nice time as well, we purchased sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and collard greens-all of which we cooked for dinner last week and all were yummy!!

Apple sampling!

No comments:

Post a Comment